5G adoption is on the rise on global and regional levels. Its use cases are surpassing traditional telecom services to penetrate and revolutionize vertical markets. Arab Advisors Group released a new series of reports: The 5G Handbook. The series tackles one 5G-operating Arab country at a time, to explore, review, and analyze the development of 5G networks and study the efforts put forward by all stakeholders. Arab Advisors Group released the first report of the series, “The 5G Handbook – A Focus on the UAE”, in July 2023. The report answers the following questions:
- What type of 5G plans do telecom operators in the UAE offer?
- What frequency bands are utilized by the UAE’s telecom operators? And with which vendors did telcos collaborate to build their networks?
- How are telecom operators in the UAE monetizing their 5G networks?
- Are telcos’ 5G services in the UAE limited to traditional telecom services only? Or did they penetrate vertical markets?
- How mature are the 5G use cases deployed by telcos in the UAE? and in which sectors did they deploy these cases?
- How transparent are the UAE’s telecom operators when it comes to reaped benefits of 5G implementations?
- How did the UAE government encourage the deployment of 5G technology in the country, especially in vertical markets?
For full report details: THE 5G HANDBOOK – A FOCUS ON THE UAE