A Business Analysis of MENA’s Satellite Pay TV Sector and its Competitive Forces
Digitization is allowing room for a multifaceted change in the broadcasting industry. Content providers are no longer selling content to viewers but rather a complete ecosystem where a relationship is built with content consumers. As a result of digitization, TV content consumers can choose from a wider range of digitally-available content such as subscription-based Video on Demand (“SVoD”) and mobile TV.
This report provides a business analysis of the four MENA-based pay TV providers targeting the Arab World by October 2022.
The report, which was released in January 2023, answers the following questions:
- What is satellite pay TV providers' offerings in the MENA?
- How did satellite pay TV providers alter their fees for the period between 2014 and 2022?
- What are the changes in the Satellite pay TV providers' channels and airtime for the period between 2014 and 2022?
- What are the genres and languages of satellite pay TV channels catering to MENA during the period under study?
- How do pay TV providers' streaming applications and multi-screen platforms compare across MENA during the analysis period?
- Who are satellite pay TV’s competitive forces in the region?