The 5G Handbook – A Focus on Qatar
5G adoption is on the rise on global and regional levels. Its use cases are surpassing traditional telecom services to penetrate and revolutionize vertical markets. Arab Advisors Group released a new series of reports: The 5G Handbook. The series tackles one 5G-operating Arab country at a time, to explore, review, and analyze the development of 5G networks and study the efforts put forward by all stakeholders. Arab Advisors Group released the third report of the series, “The 5G Handbook – A Focus on Qatar”, in July 2023. The report answers the following questions:
- What type of 5G plans do telecom operators in Qatar offer?
- What frequency bands are utilized by Qatar’s telecom operators? And with which vendors did telcos collaborate to build their networks?
- How are telecom operators in Qatar monetizing their 5G networks?
- Are telcos’ 5G services in Qatar limited to traditional telecom services only? Or did they penetrate vertical markets?
- How mature are the 5G use cases deployed by telcos in Qatar? and in which sectors did they deploy these cases?
- How transparent are Qatar’s telecom operators when it comes to reaped benefits of 5G implementations?
- How did the Qatari government encourage the deployment of 5G technology in the country, especially in vertical markets?