The 5G Handbook - A Focus on Saudi Arabia
5G adoption is on the rise on global and regional levels. Its use cases are surpassing traditional telecom services to penetrate and revolutionize vertical markets. Arab Advisors Group released a new series of reports: The 5G Handbook. The series tackles one 5G-operating Arab country at a time, to explore, review, and analyze the development of 5G networks and study the efforts put forward by all stakeholders. Arab Advisors Group released the fifth report of the series, “The 5G Handbook – A Focus on Saudi Arabia”, in August 2023. The report answers the following questions:
• What type of 5G plans do telecom operators in Saudi Arabia offer?
• What frequency bands are utilized by KSA’s telecom operators? And with which vendors did telcos collaborate to build their networks?
• How are telecom operators in KSA monetizing their 5G networks?
• Are telcos’ 5G services in KSA limited to traditional telecom services only? Or did they penetrate vertical markets?
• How mature are the 5G use cases deployed by telcos in Saudi? and in which sectors did they deploy these cases?
• How transparent are KSA’s telecom operators when it comes to reaped benefits of 5G implementations?
• How did Saudi Arabia’s government encourage the deployment of 5G technology in the Kingdom, especially in vertical markets?